Instagram is one of the most popular Social networking Sites. It has got millions of active users daily. Many times it happens that you t we delete Instagram Messages and sometimes we feel like to recover it. So we have got Some proven Methods to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
Also Read : How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages
How to Recover Deleted Instagram messages?
If you have deleted your Instagram messages accidentally, no worries because there are multiple ways to recover them. We have laid down the steps in detail below.
Here is what you have to do:
Method 1: Recovering with connected Facebook account
If you have your Facebook account connected to your Instagram account, then you have the chance to recover them.
- At first, open your Facebook account and then go to your Facebook inbox.
- Go to the Instagram direct icon on the left menu bar. Click on the icon and you will find your Instagram messages here.
Method 2: Recovering Instagram messages manually
In case, you didn’t have your Facebook account connected to your Instagram profile, no worries, because you still have the chance to recover them. Instagram gives you the option to download all your data that you shared on the platform.
- The first thing you need to do is open your Instagram account and log into it.
- Go to the profile icon located at the top-right corner of the screen and click on it. Next click on the settings icon.
- Now select the option Privacy and Security from the pop-up window. Scroll down to locate the option Data Download.
- Select the option Request Download. At this point, you will be asked to verify your account. All you have to do is tap on the Login Again option and use your Instagram credentials to log into the account.
- In this step, you need to enter your email address, so that you can receive the link containing your comments, photos, profile information and all the other details related to your Instagram account. Click Next.
- You are required to enter your Instagram password. After that click on the option Request Download. They will send you an email with the subject Your Instagram Data.
- Now go to your mailbox and open the mail and click on the Download Data option. A zip file with all your Instagram data will be downloaded on your device.
- You need to extract the ZIP file and locate the option messages.json and then open it using a text editor. Now find the Instagram messages that you deleted by mistake and want to recover.
It may take up to 48 hours to receive your Instagram data. Also, this method will only work on one request at a time.
Method 3: Recovering Instagram messages online
You can also recover your deleted Instagram messages using their online site.
- At first, you need to visit the official Instagram Message Recovery site online. You need to log into your account using your username. You can even use your profile URL.
- Once you log in, select the option to Recover Messages to proceed ahead.
- In this step, you will have to complete the human verification test. You may have to answer up to 40 questions to prove that you are a human and not a robot.
The deleted messages will be downloaded in a zip format.
Method 4: Recovering Instagram messages from the user you sent the messages to
If nothing works for you, then the only option you are left with is to ask the user to give you a copy of the messages that you had sent. However, this method will work only when the other person has your messages. In case, he/she has deleted the texts, then you cannot recover it from them. In that case, you will have to rely on the above-mentioned methods. These are all proven ways to recover deleted Instagram messages.